- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Court hears case alleging unconstitutional 6th District gerrymander
- Maryland redistricting case comes before Supreme Court
- Courts weighing numerous challenges to political boundaries
- Arkansas wants court to dissolve stay for death row prisoner
- TransCanada doesn't have to pay landowner attorneys
- Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud
Federal prosecutors say 25-year-old Judith Angelica Ayala-Partida pleaded guilty Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Tucson to bulk cash smuggling.
She's scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 4.
Authorities say Ayala-Partida was driving a vehicle that was stopped last Nov. 16 at the port of entry in Nogales, Ariz.
She told U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers that she didn't have more than $10,000 to declare. But a currency-detecting dog alerted authorities to the driver's side quarter panel of the car and a search led to the discovery of 101 packages containing $937,188.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.