- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Court hears case alleging unconstitutional 6th District gerrymander
- Maryland redistricting case comes before Supreme Court
- Courts weighing numerous challenges to political boundaries
- Arkansas wants court to dissolve stay for death row prisoner
- TransCanada doesn't have to pay landowner attorneys
- Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud
Filed this week in Salt Lake City's U.S. District Court, the lawsuit contends the bank makes it difficult - if not impossible - for customers to avoid fees, even if they closely monitor accounts.
The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports the lawsuit was filed by three law firms on behalf of a Sandy woman and other Zions customers charged overdraft fees between 2005 and 2010.
In court papers, attorneys say Zions manipulated and altered the order in which debit transactions were posted in order to maximize the number of overdrafts.
Based in Salt Lake City, Zions has branches in 10 states.
A spokeswoman says the company doesn't comment on pending lawsuits.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.