- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- GOP to take new congressional map to court
- Inmate in landmark Supreme Court case denied parole
- Catalan politicians in Spanish court in secession probe
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
The lawyer for 18-year-old Eduardo Marmolejo said last month that he's optimistic the case against his client will be resolved at a hearing Tuesday.
Marmolejo was 16 when he was charged with first degree murder in the August 2011 stabbing of 49-year-old Suzette York, his principal at Memphis Junior Academy. A juvenile court judge decided in September 2011 that Marmolejo's case should be moved to adult court. The teen has pleaded not guilty.
Investigators say Marmolejo planned the killing for months. York's body was found in a pool of blood in a classroom.
Defense lawyer Leslie Ballin and prosecutors have been discussing a plea deal.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.