- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
- Malaysia's top court annuls unilateral conversions of minors
- Officials ask court to send Kennedy cousin back to prison
- Travel ban is headed back to a federal appeals court in Virginia
The state Supreme Court said Thursday it would block the ruling by Circuit Judge Casey Manning earlier this month.
The new order allows prosecutors to continue their investigation into corruption allegations against House Speaker Bobby Harrell. Manning had said Attorney General Alan Wilson improperly empaneled a State Grand Jury in the case.
Manning said courts cannot consider such a case against a lawmaker until a legislative ethics panel has reviewed it. Harrell's attorneys agree, but Wilson says the ruling infringes on his role as the state's top prosecutor.
Wilson is appealing that decision. Both sides are to make their case before the Supreme Court on June 24.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.