- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
- Malaysia's top court annuls unilateral conversions of minors
- Officials ask court to send Kennedy cousin back to prison
- Travel ban is headed back to a federal appeals court in Virginia
Martha Puebla was shot to death outside her home in 2003, shortly after police falsely told Jose Ledesma that Puebla had picked him out of a photo line-up, the complaint states. Puebla's parents say that Ledesma retaliated by arranging for their daughter to be killed.
Puebla did testify at Ledesma's preliminary hearing, but did not accuse him of the shooting, the complaint states. Nonetheless, the parents say, Det. Juan Rodriguez circled Ledesma's lineup photo, wrote, "this is the guy that shot my friend's boyfriend" under it, and forged Puebla's signature on it.
Puebla's parents say they were unaware of the police's actions until this year, because the police hid their plan to entrap Ledesma, both before and after Puebla's murder. They say police failed to offer their daughter protection, though they knew the danger she would face because of their actions, but that the LAPD had the parents move to another state "within weeks" of their daughter's murder.
Represented by Benjamin Schonbrun with Schonbrun Desimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, the parents also sue Det. Martin Pinner, Police Chief William Bratton and the City of Los Angeles.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.