- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court allows Pennsylvania to redraw GOP-favored district map
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Court rules Puigdemont must return to Spain for re-election
- Analysis: Outside groups may factor in Arkansas court race
- Pennsylvania GOP take gerrymandering case to US high court
- Top Pakistani court orders arrest of escaped police officer
- Malaysia's top court annuls unilateral conversions of minors
- Officials ask court to send Kennedy cousin back to prison
- Travel ban is headed back to a federal appeals court in Virginia
The Idaho Statesman says the judges ruled last month that Meridian must comply with a 1994 court order to provide its own court facilities.
The court panel found that Meridian's use of Ada County's magistrate court facilities has increased. The city could also contract with Ada County for its courthouse and personnel, which Boise does.
The panel said Garden City is not required to provide court facilities because its use has declined since 1994.
Ada County sought court relief in 2010 to have the cities pay their share. The cities argued in a November hearing that it should be relieved from the 1994 court order.
According to the order, the judges can only order Meridian to build a court facility, not mandate a financial arrangement.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.