- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Court hears case alleging unconstitutional 6th District gerrymander
- Maryland redistricting case comes before Supreme Court
- Courts weighing numerous challenges to political boundaries
- Arkansas wants court to dissolve stay for death row prisoner
- TransCanada doesn't have to pay landowner attorneys
- Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud
The refinancing takes account of the growth in the Refrescobusiness and four significant acquisitions made by Refresco throughoutEurope in 2007, and includes €137 million increased senior andmezzanine facilities. Equity funding was provided by FL Group and theother original investors.
Refresco's revenue is now expected to be double that from the timethe FL Group-led consortium bought into it - at approximately €1.3billion.
Tamsyn Mileham, commented: "This was a significant financetransaction for Kaupthing Bank Hf and also for DLA Piper given thecurrent extreme conditions in the syndications market. Unanimous lenderconsent from a large syndicate was required to enable this transactionto complete and the increased facilities were over-subscribed,indicating that there is some liquidity in the syndications market forstrong businesses.
"The transaction also reflects DLA Piper's continuing success in building our pan-European and global practices.''
"We are delighted to have once again been involved with KaupthingBank Hf for whom we have acted for a number of years. We also lookforward to the continuing development of the Refresco business which weunderstand intends to make new acquisitions in the years ahead."
The DLA Piper team was led by Finance & Projects Associate,Tamsyn Mileham, with assistance from Ewen Scott and Simon Major in theUK, and assistance from DLA Piper's offices in the Netherlands,Belgium, Spain, Germany and France, together with advice from Borenius& Kempinnen in Finland and Lukowicz, Swierzewski & Partners inPoland.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.