- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Court hears case alleging unconstitutional 6th District gerrymander
- Maryland redistricting case comes before Supreme Court
- Courts weighing numerous challenges to political boundaries
- Arkansas wants court to dissolve stay for death row prisoner
- TransCanada doesn't have to pay landowner attorneys
- Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud
The Alabama Court of the Judiciary scheduled a hearing for Monday on judicial investigators' request to remove Moore from office.
Moore denies any wrongdoing and is asking the court to dismiss administrative charges filed earlier this year.
Moore is accused of violating court ethics with an administrative order to state probate judges saying Alabama laws against same-sex marriage remained in effect after the U.S. Supreme Court effectively legalized gay marriage.
Investigators with the Judicial Inquiry Commission are asking the court to oust Moore without a trial, but Moore opposes the request.
Both supporters and opponents of Moore are planning noontime rallies outside Alabama's main judicial building before the hearing.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.