- Legal News Updates
- Law Center
- Legal Business
- Court News Center
- Law Firm News
- Legal Interviews
- Headline News
- Political and Legal
- Practice Focuses
- Legal Spotlight
- Events & Seminars
- Legal Marketing
- Court Watch
- Immigration Law
- Media Center
- Justice Stories
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Supreme Court again refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal
- Court hears case alleging unconstitutional 6th District gerrymander
- Maryland redistricting case comes before Supreme Court
- Courts weighing numerous challenges to political boundaries
- Arkansas wants court to dissolve stay for death row prisoner
- TransCanada doesn't have to pay landowner attorneys
- Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud
Compucredit's massive marketing through the Internet and direct mail falsely state that "there was 'no deposit required' ... and that consumers would immediately receive $300 in available credit when they receive the Aspire Visa credit card," the complaint states.
But in fact, "When a consumer opened an Aspire Visa credit card account, Compucredit uniformly assessed charges for an 'account opening fee finance charge' of $29, an 'account maintenance fee' of $6.50, and an 'annual fee' of $150 to the account. All of these fees were immediately assessed against the $300 credit limit, resulting in an available credit limit to the consumer of approximately $115," the complaint states.
Plaintiffs are represented by Steven Martino.
Legal News Media
Legal News Organization press is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. The content contained on the web site has been prepared by Legal News Media as a service to the internet
community and is not intended to constitute legal advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed legal professional in a particular case or circumstance.